IntroductionThe Costing Specialist is responsible for executing all tasks required to ensure a competitive material offer for new and existing customers. Responsibilities include facilitating quoting activities, communication with suppliers, gathering quote information, costs, MOQs, MOVs, Lead-times. The ideal candidate should have an appreciation or working background in electronic Marketplace, component level technical understanding would be an advantage but not critical however must be able to demonstrate good supplier relations skills including negotiating and follow-up.
Summary of the Role
- Data entry of customer parts and bills of materials
- Generate quotations, including material costs, suppliers, MOQs, MOVs and lead times.
- Negotiate best price with suppliers.
- Ensures that products are quoted accurately.
- Ensure internal documentation and system procedures are timely and accurately completed.
- Reports out on status of quotes including turnaround times.
- Assists in establishing and implementing departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Drive quote start, creation, and submission to customer with the support from Materials Manager or CEO
- Assist in the creation of and amending quotes whilst ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Demonstrates time management skills.
- Build quality into work. Ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives.
Salary£22 - 25K Per Annum
How to Apply
Please fill in your details and submit your CV using the form below